The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

I have a lot of respect for teachers. I think their commitment and dedication to teaching our kids is so admirable. Sister #4 is a teacher and so is our Mom, so that just adds to the respect I have for teachers! This was our oldest son's first year in school, so I was excited to do something for Teacher Appreciation Week. On Monday I sent in two boxes of donuts with a note that said "Donut we'd do with out you."

I found a really great idea on Build it Sew it Love it that can be found: here. She gave teachers the book, Hooray for Diffendoofer Day. I loved the book. You can order it on Amazon: here for $10. It's a book that Dr. Seuss started before he passed away and was finished by some people who found the notes he was keeping. It's about a teacher who inspires her kids and thinks outside of the box. Build it Sew it Love it has a file you can download with the tag. Unfortunately my ink cartridge is running low so it wasn't as bright as it could have been. I bought some flower clips and raffia at Michaels and this is how mine turned out:

The PTA also asked the parents to send in some desserts for a catered lunch they had for the teachers today and I have seen some really cute cupcakes decorated to look like apples so I thought I'd try it out.  I just used a box cake mix and then frosted them with white frosting and dipped them in red sugar crystals. Then I got some colored edible dough from Michaels and made stems and leaves. I think that next time I will just use tootsie rolls for the stems, but I think they still turned out pretty cute!

Tomorrow is the last day of Teacher Appreciation Week, so make sure you thank a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment