The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Monday, June 2, 2014

10 Must-Eats in DC

Almost 10 months ago to the day, I moved to the DC area. To celebrate, I thought I would share my top 10 favorite places to eat in the DC/Maryland area, in no particular order. (Click on the restaurant name for more info)

1. Farmers Fishers Bakers
You guys. I've been to brunch here, and it's to DIE FOR. Farmers Fishers Bakers is a completely sustainable restaurant, and it is on K Street on the Georgetown Waterfront. My only complaint is that it's a little pricy, and it's almost impossible to get a reservation since it's so dang good and everyone wants to go here for brunch. It's $30 per person, but it's an all you can eat brunch. They have probably the best crab dip I've ever had in my life, which says a lot since I am a Marylander that is particularly picky about her crab dip.

2. Founding Farmers


Founding Farmers is the same company as Farmers Fishers Bakers, and is also a completely sustainable restaurant. I've only ever been to the one in Potomac, MD. Founding Farmers also has fantastic brunch (that seems to be a thing now, right?). I particularly love their Crab Benedict. YUM. Their Bananas Foster Milkshake is also a must-have. I kinda have a weakness for milkshakes.

3. District Taco
I've been to the District Taco on Capital Hill and loved it, but there are several other locations throughout DC. Their food tastes very similar to Chipotle to me, but their selection of salsas is INCREDIBLE. I am a sucker for spicy food, and find their habanero salsa delightful.

4. Good Stuff Eatery
Want two reasons to go to Good Stuff? Handmade fries, and Creamshakes that will knock your socks off. No joke. Their burgers are great, but their Rosemary fries??? Oof. Heaven. They also have an incredible assortment of delectable fry sauces like Sriracha, Old Bay, and Horseradish, just to name a few. I've been to the one in Crystal City, but there are several locations throughout the District.

5. Georgetown Cupcake
I know you've heard of this place. If you've never been, GO. You won't regret it. There's just something amazing about that pink box, and something even more amazing about the cupcakes inside. I've never been to the original location in Georgetown. I always go to the one in Bethesda because the lines are so much shorter. My favorite cupcakes are their Key Lime, and Peanut Butter Fudge. Go. Go. Go!

6. Max Brenner
Max Brenner is a chocolate bar. If that sentence alone isn't enough incentive to go, I'm not sure what else I could possibly say. I've been to the location in Bethesda, which differs from other locations like the one in NYC because it doesn't serve lunch or dinner entrees. It only serves chocolate desserts. I particularly love their ice cream bar, their s'mores bar, and chocolate syringes. Yep, I'll say that again. Chocolate. Syringes.

7. Shake Shack

Shake Shack is a chain restaurant, a DC staple, and there's a line out the door for a reason. It's simply delicious. They have amazing burgers and hot dogs. While I'm only "eh" about their fries, I am particularly fond of their SmokeShack Burger, and their Peanut Butter Shake. See? I told you that I'm a sucker for a good milkshake! 

8. Golden Brown Delicious
Ever heard of Chicken and Waffles? GBD serves Chicken and DOUGHNUTS. I haven't tried their chicken and doughnuts yet (need to) but I have tried their doughnuts and they almost made me cry because they were so amazing. They have super weird hours though, so check out the hours on their website before you take a potentially disappointing trip there, only to find out that they are closed. Hop on over to their location in Dupont and be sure to get their Tres Leches or Fruit Crumble Doughnut, and thank me later. Holy moly.

9. Seoul Food

As a half Korean, I'm very particular about my Korean food. That being said, I ADORE Seoul Food. It's a DC Food truck, and it has this really interesting Korean/Mexican fusion thing going on. They have Kalbi Burritos and Kimchi Quesadillas! I absolutely love their Bulgogi BiBimBap bowl. It's unique, but still holds on to the traditional Korean food taste and feel. They have a permanent location on University Blvd in Silver Spring, but you can find their truck around DC.

10. Fenton Cafe
To end my list, I thought I would include one of my favorite hole-in-the-wall places in Downtown Silver Spring. Fenton Cafe is a really delicious crepe place. They have savory and sweet crepes, and I loved the savory and the sweet crepes that I tried. My favorite was probably the Nutella, raspberry, and strawberry crepe that I had. Whoaaaa nelly. It's run by super sweet people in a super cute location. I'm a big fan.

Well there you have it! It was kinda hard to narrow down my list to 10 places, but these are some of my favorites. If you live in DC, take a peep at my list and give me positive and negative feedback. I'd love to hear about your go-to places as well! I'm constantly looking for new places to try. If you happen to try any of these places after reading my list, let me know what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment