The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cheesy Taco Buns

This was one of those recipes I pinned and was not sure if it would be any good. It seemed sort of lazy to me for some reason. So, the other day I had one of those days when I needed a lazy kind of meal. My husband was out of town and my kids don't appreciate fancy meals anyway, so Cheesy Taco Buns were on the menu!

I got the recipe: HERE on Centsless deals' website. You can read all of the nitty gritty details there, but here's a quick overview:

Brown up your ground beef and add taco seasoning, preferably in a cast iron skillet, because they're awesome.


Then you have to make a sauce with cream cheese and salsa. Unfortunately, we were all out of salsa, but I did have this taco sauce, which worked out well.

Then you have to get your Pillsbury Refrigerated Rolls. I used these:

Then you roll them out flat, like so:
Put a little dollop (I used that word because Sister #1 hates it) of the salsa/cream cheese mixture, add some meat and cheddar cheese.
Then pinch the dough together to make a cute little taco bundle and place it in our your cookie sheet, seam side down.
I just realized that the recipe said to brush the tops with butter. I didn't do that! Darn. Butter is always a great addition, but mine were still good without it.

Then you bake them for about 15 minutes! Easy Peasy!

Mmmmm..yum. Clearly, not at all authentic taco cuisine, but still a good meal. It was a big hit with the kids. I was kind of expecting that the leftovers wouldn't heat up very well, so I was pleasantly surprised when they did!

Try it out and let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment