The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Jamberry Nails

Okay so, I so wanted to be able to post a positive review of these.  My third sister and I decided to purchase and try out Jamberry Nails.  For those of you who are not familiar with them, they are nail wraps that come in all different designs and colors.

The claim is that they last longer than a regular manicure so overall they are saving you money.  The fingernail ones are supposed to last for two weeks and the pedicure ones are supposed to last longer than that.  Each set is $15, and there is enough for you to apply them twice.


We decided on a set of French Tip, an accent color, and a set for our toes.  Below you see how they turned out.



Cute right?  Yeah, we thought so too.  After a week, however, both of us noticed that the wraps started to peel up at the tips.  My nails started to get things underneath and I had to run my nail over the tops of them to squeeze out dirt and other debris that would get underneath of them.  After some discussion we thought that maybe it was because we had applied them incorrectly.  I did some research online and someone suggested purchasing nail glue for when they started to peel up.  Seemed silly to have to do that, but I was willing to try again because I really do love the way they look.  

I removed the original wraps, which was a very easy process, maybe too easy.  Then reapplied.  This time I followed all the instructions to the letter.  I even bought a good nail file (we thought the one we used previously was too cheap).  
This time I did the French Tip only - mainly because I forgot to do an accent nail.


So again, I really think they are so cute!  This time it seemed to be much better, the excess came off much easier and they seemed to be pretty well stuck on.  Then after about 5 or 6 days, they began to peel at the tips again, and things started collecting underneath again.  I tried the nail glue method of securing the tips, but it didn't work.  I have taken to either filing down the parts that are peeling up, or sniping them off with finger nail clippers.  I still have to periodically squeeze out the stuff that has collected underneath, which lets face it is ... disgusting.  

A couple of things that I DO like ... my nails have a tendency to rip along the edges and sides, and the Jamberry wraps seem to do a good job of keeping that from happening.  They do seem to add some strength.  I also do like that the application process is so easy.  

I really like the look and the concept, I just think that they work better in theory.  At the end of the day, they last just barely a week ... just barely.  I didn't feel like it was worth the $15 plus shipping per set.  

It may still be that I was not applying them correctly, but I just don't see how that could be.  I would love to try them again, but I don't want to spend the money to have them do the same thing again.  If anyone has had better luck - I'd love to hear about your experience!  

3 comments:

  1. That's too bad you had such a hard time! I've tried them a couple times, and I think it just takes some practice. After I had trouble with my first set, my friend who sells Jamberry had me come over and she did my right hand for me and then watched/helped me do my left hand. That made a huge difference - they lasted more than two weeks, with only a little pulling at the tips the last couple of days before I took them off. I think the trick is to heat and seal them a couple extra times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips Catherine! We will have to try them again.

      Delete
  2. I tried a set on my toes and it lasted for 3 weeks!! They didn't chip or peel off but I did notice that when I removed them they had dirt underneath. :( I also thought they were kind of a pain to cut and size for each individual nail. I would rather pay for a pedicure personally but I know Lisa LOVES them.

    ReplyDelete