The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

My husband doesn't like casseroles, so I very rarely make them. A couple of weekends ago I went out of town and I wanted to make something he could just throw in the oven. I figured he could just deal with having a casserole. Well, much to my surprise, he liked it! So, I figured I had to make it again so I could try it. I got the recipe from Six Sisters Stuff. The recipe can be found: here. It turned out to be the perfect meal, because I already had leftover ham from Easter (my kids refuse to eat split pea soup) and leftover broccoli. It was simple to make.

You just mix up the chicken, ham, broccoli, mustard and cream of chicken soup.
 Then you layer on some swiss cheese. Is it weird that mine only had holes on the edges?
 Then a layer of chicken flavored stuffing.
And bake it!
I thought it was a good weekday meal, pretty easy! My only critique is that it was a little salty for me. Next time I think I will use low sodium cream of chicken soup or maybe unsalted butter. Other than that, I thought it was great and my husband and kids like it, which is always a plus!

Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment