The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Star Wars Birthday!

This past weekend we had a Star Wars Birthday Party! I was pretty excited that my son had picked Star Wars, because there are so many great ideas out there! I looked all over Pinterest and Amazon (my two weaknesses) and found some really great ideas. The fun thing about a Star Wars party is that a lot of times the parents are into it even more than the kids!

Here are some of the products and ideas we used:

First of all, a big thank you to homemadebyjill.blogspot.com! She was awesome.  I loved all of her ideas for the Star Wars party she threw for her son. She was kind enough to email me some of the Silhouette files she created, which made life much easier for me!

I loved her idea for this R2D2 Water dispenser and she was gracious enough to send me the file. I think it turned out really fun:

My other favorite from the party were these Millenium Falcons. To make these I ordered this silicone mold from Amazon and filled them with melting candy from Michaels. I love the detail!
I've seen these cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma and have loved them and was just looking for an excuse to buy them! They come with Boba Fett, a Storm Trooper, Darth Vader and Yoda. We used them to make chocolate sugar cookies and regular sugar cookies and for the Star Wars "hot pockets". This is another idea that homemadebyjill listed on her blog. They are little pockets of ham and cheese inside pie crust dough.

 
We also did Obi-Wan Kebabies...hehehe..I feel like such a nerd.

My son was a huge fan of the Darth Vader cake. My husband and I are starting to worry that his favorite character is Darth Vader. He turns out ok in the end, right? So, we shouldn't be too worried! This cake pan is made by Wilton and comes with really easy to follow directions. Black frosting can be hard to get just right without adding way too much food coloring, so I went with the "black frosting in a tube" route.

We also had candy dipped pretzel lightsabers, thermal detonators (aka whoppers), Qui-Gon Jin-ger snaps, Leia's Buns (cinnamon rolls), Bow-ba Fett Pasta, Wookie Cookies (Teddy Grahams) and Korean food for the adults!

The activities were not as organized as I would have liked.  It was raining which kind of threw me off my game, because we were planning on doing most of the activities outside, but I think it all turned out ok. I kept taking deep breaths and telling myself that it was a 4 year old's birthday party.

For the death star pinata, I ordered a beach ball pinata, spray painted it black with some leftover paint, and then painted on silver squares.  I also painted a death star on a poster board and the kids had to "stay on target" by flying paper airplanes through the hole.
For the train with Yoda game, I ordered a stuffed Yoda and the kids had to wear him on their backs in a backpack and balance across a board and go through a tunnel, like they were training on Dagobah with Yoda.
Homemadebyjill had an awesome idea of having a "Tattoo-ine Parlor" using temporary tattoos.

We had a little photo session with the kids using this mural and these masks I ordered off of etsy.

Once again I did not get a picture of the favor boxes! I was lucky enough to find a bunch of star wars things on sale at Target and Michaels, including small markers with stamps and notebooks. We also had little bags of "Han's Rolos" and "Ewok Gummies".

It was a lot of fun. I love throwing birthday parties and seeing my kids get excited about the details. I especially love finding fun products and blogs that make my life so much easier!

I'm really excited about the fact that I get to use my new Star Wars cookie cutters for May the Fourth.

1 comment:

  1. The Falcon Molds are amazing! I never would have guessed that was candy! Side note - I'm having fun reading the posts and trying to guess which sister is writing before seeing the signature at the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete