The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Coconut Oil

A little while ago I was looking around on Pinterest and I saw a bunch of pins about Coconut Oil and all of the health benefits. I had never used it before so I thought I should try it. I ordered some off of Amazon: here. I must say that I love it! I use it mostly as a moisturizer and hair conditioner. I use it on my arms and legs and love how smooth it makes my skin feel, without feeling oily. To use it as a hair conditioner I just put some in my hair (a little goes a long way) and let it sit there for 30 minutes or so then shampoo my hair as usual. The nice thing is that you can buy it in a two pack on Amazon, one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen!

I have also cooked with it and love how it melts clear and has a cleaner feel and taste than butter. I have read some articles that say that olive oil is still healthier, but that coconut oil is a better option than butter. I haven't tried baking with it yet, but I've found some recipes I'm excited to try. The Food Network recently put a video on their website about coconut oil that can be found: here. I haven't noticed much of a coconut flavor to the food when I cook with it. I will say though that because it smells like coconut when you are cooking, it makes you feel like it tastes that way. Does that make sense?

I also have a friend who does oil pulling for her teeth and uses coconut oil. I haven't tried it yet, but if you do let me know what you think!

I found this chart on Pinterest. Who knows if it's entirely accurate, but I've seen these claims in several articles. 
You can buy it in regular grocery stores, too. I just found the two pack for $17 to be a pretty good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment