The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sherlock

I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but I thought I would write this post just in case you are too!

Sister #1 recently suggested that my husband and I start watching Sherlock.  It's a BBC production that also aired on PBS.

My Dad is a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, both the books and older shows. So, we watched quite a few of them growing up. I really enjoy this series. It's really interesting and captivating. It's kind of interesting to see the modern twist they take on some of the classic stories. Benedict Cumberbatch does an excellent job as Sherlock and the effects they use to show his train of thought are really cool.

The thing I like about finding out about series a few years after it has started is that I can then have a couple of seasons to catch up before waiting for new episodes to come out. You can get seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix. Season 3 aired on PBS in January, unfortunately it isn't available yet on Netflix. I'm sure they'll get it soon, but we are impatient and Season 2 had such a crazy finale that we went ahead and ordered Season 3 off of Amazon. I read a review there saying that PBS often edits the BBC shows, so you don't get everything that the original show had. That's how I justified spending $24 for 3 episodes. Yes, that is the one complaint I have about the series. Each season has 3 episodes, which I'm told is typical for BBC shows, but still frustrating for me!

Anyway, check it out! I'm sure you'll love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment