The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Monday, March 31, 2014

Creamy Italian Chicken

Some days when I've spent the day cleaning the kitchen - removing all those fingerprints from my appliances, the crusty things on the underside of the chairs, swept and mopped the floor - the last thing I want to do is make a meal.  Unfortunately, those rotten kids want dinner every night!  So, I have a couple of stand-by meals that are easy both in preparation and in clean up.  A favorite amongst my children is Italian Chicken.  This is a recipe that I've gotten from my Fix and Forget cookbook.  The thing I love about this meal is that it's a Crockpot meal that doesn't take 8 hours.  I personally like to add Sriracha sauce to the top of mine only, because it lacks the spice I like in all of my food, but the rest of the family likes it as is.

Ingredients:

3-4 Chicken Breasts
Robusto Italian Dressing packet (dry mix)
2 packages of cream cheese (I have cut this down to 1 1/2)
2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 Cup of water


Instructions:

1.  Slice chicken breast horizontally first, and then cube.  If your chicken breasts aren't very thick, you can increase the number of chicken breasts that you use.  If mine are on the smallish side, I usually will use one breast per member of my family.

2.  Place cubed chicken into the bottom of your Crockpot.

3.  Mix Italian Seasoning and water and then pour over chicken

4.  Cook on High for 1 1/2 hours or on Low for 3 hours


5.  Mix together soup and cream cheese and pour on top of the Chicken.  I have in the past not mixed the two together, and just put them in separately, and the cream cheese never seems to melt down completely.  You can add the cream cheese, let that melt down a bit, and then add the soup (sometimes you just don't want to clean that mixer!)

6.  Cook for an additional 30 minutes and serve over rice or egg noodles.

Serves 6 - three of them boys that really devour everything insight!

Enjoy!


We had ours with peas tonight, but I have found that this meal is a little on the heavy side, so a nice garden salad sometimes is nice.  

1 comment: