The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Booyakasha!

I love birthdays! I treat birthdays like national holidays. Back in October my 6 year old decided he wanted to have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Birthday Party. So, off to Pinterest I went. Unfortunately this was one of those times when I couldn't really find a whole lot of ideas. I guess Ninja Turtles are becoming popular again, but at the time there weren't a lot of party ideas out there! There were some though so I pieced together some ideas and came up with some on my own. Here are some of the things we did:

First, and most importantly, the Food.  Ninja Turtles love pizza. So, Sister #2 and I decided it would be fun to have all pizza themed foods. I made Veggie Pizza, Fruit Pizza, Cookie Pizzas and we also had a pizza bar where the kids could make their own pizzas. The best part was that I was able to make all of the food the night before the party and I used aluminum foil pizza pans so the clean up was super easy! As some extra treats we had Pretzel sticks (Donnie's staffs), Swedish Fish for Fish Face and Kraang Brains. To make the Kraang brains I used this Brain Mold I found on Amazon and filled them with pink candy melts from Michaels and mini oreos. (Please excuse the baby bottle next to the cookie pizza :)

For Decorations we used Pizza Boxes, which I also bought on Amazon. You get a lot of boxes, but it worked out well, because we used them to put the kids pizza on after they were baked and because Sister #2 used some for her son's party in December. I used some old Slim Fast cans as containers for the pizza sauce and toppings. It worked well because they are silver under the labels and made them look like pipes from the sewers. We also got a lot of helium filled balloons, streamers, and the usual kind of decorations. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the favor bags!

Awesome Sister #4 who is way more artistic than I could even ever hope to be drew this amazing Kraang Robot. I mean, she drew it. How amazing is that!? Then we played "Pin the Kraang on the Robot."

We also threw the sewer lids (aluminum foil grill pans) into the ooze.
We made ooze using the basic Borax Ooze recipe. This was a lot of fun and I was really glad we were outside for this step!
We also got these huge 36 inch helium balloons, 2 of which popped before the party. We made some staffs out of pool noodles and had the kids attack the big balloon. This was fun until they realized it was way more fun to attack the Dad.

We also hung a poster and had fun photo sessions. I was going to make masks for each of them, but decided it would be way too much work to cut out the holes for eyes and most of them would get tired of them, so we just made headbands, which made them look like Sushi chefs..but oh well!

Overall, it was a lot of fun! And most importantly, it made for one happy kid:

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love all the pizza themed food, I don't know if I would've thought of that.

    ReplyDelete