The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Love You Because....



A few years ago I made a frame for my husband and I that said, "I love you because..." and we would each take turns writing on the glass, with a dry erase marker, things that we loved about each other. Well, I started thinking that it would be nice to have one for everyone in the family. I saw this website: http://www.kristendukephotography.com/pictures-with-kids-love-notes/ where she did it for her family and I loved how colorful and fun it was!

The best part of this project for me was that I already had all of the supplies to make it! I am notorious for seeing a cool project on Pinterest and then running out and spending a bunch of money on supplies. So, I was excited that I actually got to reuse some things I already had.

The frames I had were white so I just primed them with spray paint primer and then sprayed them all black with paint I had left over from other projects. I did have to buy some new picture mats for the frames, which I ordered off of Matboard Plus, for a good price. Then we took some silly pictures of each of us. I was a little worried that the squares would be too small since the frames are 8x10, but I think it turned out great! (I do need to change out the blue paper though..it's a little too dark!)

I love the quotation by Dr. Seuss and thought it went really well with the overall idea.  My favorite part of this is seeing the things my 6 year old writes for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment