The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Thursday, March 27, 2014

I might just have a problem...

Okay!  One more for today and then I must do something other than sit in front of my computer.  My boys think that a clean house is overrated, but I tend to like it to not resemble some sort of barnyard animal's home!

So, I must confess that I have an obsession that is far worse than my obsession for good food.  I LOVE to purchase phone cases.  I've had my iPhone since May of 2013 (less than a year folks) and ...



I'm on my 5th case - there is a 5th one down there, you just can't see it.  This year 3 of the 5 have been Spigen cases which can be purchased on Amazon.  I thought that I might put my obsession to good use and let you know how I felt about each of these cases.

My favorite by far is the one on top in the picture above.  It is made by Spigen and is the Saturn model. I like the white, and so far I have not had problems with the white staying white, which as you will see, has been a problem in the past.  It fits perfectly, and is a slim case - very slim.  As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that other than scratches, it probably doesn't offer that much by way of protection. Although, I have dropped my phone more times than I would like to admit and it has yet to crack - that's ... something.  I also like that it has a splash of color!  


This one is also a Spigen case - again white, because I think my white phone is so pretty!  This is the Spigen Bounce.  I liked this one a lot, it is a TPU material, and it came up over the edges of the phone, and I felt like it gave the phone some more protection against shock, etc., but didn't add bulk.  The problem with this case was that after a very short while the white began to discolor and turn a little pink.  


This case is made by Anker.  I like Anker, they make portable chargers that are very reliable.  I did not, however, like this case.  You can't really tell by this picture, but in less than 3 weeks, this case became gray and dingy looking.  I loved it when I first pulled it out of the box, because it was so light weight and slim, but the longer I used it the dirtier it looked.  


This case is made by Elago.  Elago is a company that my husband swears by and I had tried so many other case companies, I thought I'd give it a try.  
Elago proved to be no match for my klutziness.  I had had the case for 2 days ... count them 2 days, and dropped my phone getting out of my car and chipped the case.  In fairness, it was my fault.  However, not long after that, I dropped it again and along the bottom around the ports it cracked, and the crack just continued to spread.  Also, even though it looks pink in the picture, its actually more of a salmon color.


We're almost to the end I promise!!!  This case is another Spigen case, and truth be told ... I loved this case.  It offered superior protection, and you can switch out that back plate if it starts to get worn or you just want another color (and there are quite a few color choices).  There is only one reason that I decided to get rid of this case - it was too bulky for me.  
I've had Otterbox cases for my iPhone 4, and it was slimmer than those, but still added more bulk and weight to my phone than I was comfortable with.

Well, there you have it!  The Spigen Saturn is the winner ... for now.  When I get my new case in less than 6 months (shhh don't tell) I'll let you know how it stacks up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment