The Sisters

The Sisters

.

.

The First Sister

The First Sister

The Second Sister

The Second Sister

The Third Sister

The Third Sister

The Fourth Sister

The Fourth Sister

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Guess what my house smells like ...


Recipe adapted from Paula Dean's Southern Fried Chicken

Decided to try out fried chicken for dinner tonight.  It was quite good. I changed a couple of things - one change I liked, the other I didn't.

Recipe said to mix water with the beaten eggs.  I decided to substitute buttermilk.  This change I liked a lot.  It kept the chicken really moist.

The recipe also called for 1 cup of Frank's hot sauce, but I was worried that it would be too spicy for the kids (nothing is more frustrating to me than to spend ANY amount of time cooking to have them complain about the food).  I ended up only adding 1/4 cup of hot sauce.  I was NOT happy about this choice.  There was no hot sauce flavor in the finished product.  The next time I make this chicken I will likely use the called for amount.

Seems a little brown.
Overall, I thought the chicken was delicious and it was a hit with the family, it just lacked the spicy bite that I like.  It did make my entire house smell like fried food, but I found that some whole cloves and vanilla boiling on the stove helped a lot! 

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I really want some fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete